Friday, January 18, 2013
Girl Shows
I've really tried to like the show Girls. It has gotten great reviews, but I was only able to make it through the first four episodes. I think that my dislike stems from my desire not to be reminded of my awkward 20s. I admit to enjoying being past that stage of my life.
Interestingly, as I watched Girls I had an instant need to watch SATC. While I realize that SATC is far from realistic, I admit to enjoying it a lot more. Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte all have established careers, love, families, fashion and shoes. Sure there are awkward moments, embarrassing encounters, but it isn't quite the same as the show Girls. Maybe I like my girly shows more the the unrealistic side. Hmm...now feel the need to go make myself a martini.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment