Scene Setting: Dinner time. I had my back to the TV and had not realized my husband had changed the channel from football
Me: (Thinking) Huh, that football game sounds an awful lot like a puck hitting the wall..
[Turning around so fast I fell out of my chair because behold THERE WAS HOCKEY ON THE TELEVISION!!!!]
Me: OMG THERE'S HOCKEY?!? WHEN DID THEY GET AN AGREEMENT SIGNED, THIS IS AWOESOME THE SEASON ISN'T OVER!!! HECK YES!!
Husband: It's the Canadians.
Me: That's weird; it doesn't look like their uniforms...
Husband: No. As in the Canadian Hockey League.
Me: [blink blink]
Husband: The NHL is still in a lockout.
Me: @*$*#$#*@*$&#@!!!!!!!!
Husband: You do realize our daughter just heard all of that.
[I looked over at our daughter who was clearly thinking "HA MOM I KNOW WHAT ALL OF THAT MEANS I WILL USE IT THE NEXT TIME WE ARE IN THE GROCERY RIGHT AFTER I YELL "I WANT BEER!"]
Me:[Lays head on dining table] Is it too much to ask that I have my men wearing blades beating each other up?
Husband: Yes.
Me: Thought so.
No comments:
Post a Comment