You know what I'm really sick of companies: When you create products that are sexy, pink and cute in order to target women.
There was the "Bic for Her" debacle. Yes make it pink and purple and label it for women, that will make me squee and run out and buy your product.
Wait, pens were gender specific. Well SHIT. Guess I've been using the wrong damn pen all these years. Maybe my 10-year old self would be excited, however, she was also into Lisa Frank...so you know not so good at making stylistic choices.
You know what I want from a Bic pen....FOR IT TO WORK. I'm sick of reaching into our "everything" drawer at our house and picking a pen only to find that while it does indeed have ink it won't work. 9 times out 10 it's a Bic brand pen.
Now there's a steak house opening in Washington, DC that is being touted as "not your daddy's steakhouse". Because when I eat a steak I look like I'm in porn film. Also if I need a chain saw to cut said steak houses' steak then it is OVERCOOKED. You know what I want from a steak house. AMAZING steak. I could care less what the decor looks like, just bring me a rare slab of cow that is perfectly seasoned with a little salt and pepper and this woman is happy.
Just by slapping sexy on something throwing in a dash of pink maybe a fancy cocktail isn't going to make me buy your product. Indeed it will probably make me MOCK it and not touch it.
No comments:
Post a Comment